UP COMING EVENTS
Who are we
A providential association of Catholic lay faithful
and clergy titled the Apostles of Love Ireland, in
the Diocese of Armagh who manage the Oasis of
Peace Centre, a centre for prayer, teaching, healing
and pastoral care.
Oasis of Peace Centre is a place of welcome where
it is hoped all visitors will encounter a reflection of
God’s love, joy, hope, peace, support and compassion. It will be a centre where a free loving cuppa,
chat and listening ear will be available
Rooted in the call of the Gospel and led by the
Holy Spirit, we use our baptismal calling & gifts to
build on the mission and outreach of the Catholic
Diocese of Armagh. We wish to re-evangelise, and
as a missionary group help people to come to know
God’s love. We intend to be instruments of Christ’s
presence and action in our families, communities
and in our region to encourage all through Christ’s
transformation to become new intentional apostles.
We manage the Oasis of Peace Centre, where
people can come to encounter Christ. Apostles of
Love wish to bring all, especially lapsed Catholics
and those hurt or broken by life experiences, into a
new freedom and fullness of life through the joy of
the Gospel. This as God intended through a
Christ-centred pastoral ministry of encouraging
and inspiring the people of God to experience a
living faith with dignity. We will encourage and
direct all those involved to return to be active members of their own parish communities
Provision of a Catholic Faith Centre, “Oasis of Peace” where people can gather to experience a sense of belonging while also experiencing the Love, Joy, Hope, and Healing power of Jesus Christ through the team and all involved in the mission of Apostles of Love.
Individuals who become part of the apostleship will pledge to a year of daily prayer, attend gatherings of faith formation, attend Sacraments on a regular basis as well as witnessing to the Good News of what Christ has done in their lives. They will engage in acts of kindness when possible. Apostles of Love wish to bring all, especially lapsed Catholics and those hurt or broken by life experiences into the freedom and fullness of life through the Joy of the Gospel that God intended through a Christ-centred pastoral ministry of awareness, encouraging & inspiring the people of God to experience and understand of a living faith with dignity.
The Apostles of Love wish by guidance of the Holy Spirit, God’s word by being Intentional Disciples, work in our new Oasis of Peace Centre to encourage all to encounter God’s love, his hope, his healing and his New Life. We desire to witness to the dignity of the human person, use new means and researched ways to teach faith, advocate on the issues of human life, support issues affecting family life and social justice remembering we are all our brother and sisters keepers. We wish to bring a new sense of belonging to people in communities.
Mother Teresa says: “We need to find God, and he cannot be found in noise and restlessness. God is the friend of silence. See how nature – trees, flowers, grass- grows in silence; see the stars, the moon and the sun, how they move in silence… We need silence to be able to touch souls.”
- Oasis of Peace will be a place of welcome where all individuals’ locals, those visiting will encounter a welcome from all of the hospitality team, of joy, of reflection of God’s Love, his Hope, his support and compassion. A centre where a free loving cuppa & chat and listening ear will be offered.
- Encounter God in Themed Prayers, A day or half day of searching for God in a variety of ways of different prayer themes and experiences – devotional – Rosary, Eucharistic Adoration, Meditating on God’s Word, Monastic prayer & silence, Holy Spirit filled worship, music and reflecting through help of God’s creation in nature.
- Small prayer group gatherings to grow in understanding faith Scripture and other teachings i.e Lectio Divina, promoting the 1 in 10 Rosary Ralley, Eucharistic Themed Events, understanding faith programmes & workshops, Alpha Programme, Finding New Life in the Spirit, Christ life & other Sacramental programmes for parents and youth, Mothers prayers, Teams of Our Lady, Marriage Retreats, Gathering for Family prayer & praise, Catholic Grandparents Group. Prayers for Priests, Scripture Study Group
- Pilgrim days – Guided or self-guided Half Day or Day Retreats on timeout To have the opportunity to be enfolded in the beauty and the healing touch of nature in the surrounds of the monastery can allow individuals to experience the presence of God within their own being, As they experience the presence of God in the peace and tranquillity is a programme – journey to discovery – waterfall, maze, woods etc. read a relevant scripture piece, then have a couple of question to reflect on what Jesus is saying to us in this reading. Our prayer centre will be a base to bring people together to allow sense of belonging, growth and transformation.
- Gathering for Prayerful Teaching with Healing Ministry a place to encounter God’s teachings and receive his healing encounters through the Blessed Sacrament, in personal quite prayer, in community prayer, in weekly services where his Love, Hope & Healings is experienced. Themed weekly Healing services with laying on of hands along with the Unbound Ministry – freedom in Christ.
- Spiritual Guidance – listening support to families, spiritual direction and/or of spiritual accompaniment – a service to bring Hope, friendship, healing, support and guidance to journeying and growing in faith and using their gifts and charisms, Called and Gifted Programme. We also intend to work with other faith groups i.e The 12 to prayer groups and religious to reach our goals
- Pastoral Work – Here people will find other christians who are willing to listen, help in grief, faith & Recovery programmes, parenting issues, providing horticulture initiative, Armagh IBDI, 5 Step programme for families affected by addiction, Armagh diocesan initiative on Human Trafficking, Immigrants Initiative, Family focused initiatives and promote social justice projects
- Youth & Young Adult Groups – we would like to work with the diocesan youth initiative along with schools and youth groups to create a number of programmes and conferences held in the centre.
- Outreach in the towns and villages in county and diocese, provide outreach programmes to parishes where we can invite and encourage all we meet to attend our Oasis of Peace Centre in Melifont Abbey where it’s not only once off events happening, but people can come together afterwards to give a sense of belonging, to grow in love, faith and service and in time we can signpost them to get involved in their own parishes and allow ripple effect of evangelising to happen.
- Goals & Evaluation- The apostles of love will have a set of yearly goals and evaluate all the projects